MOD® Conference - ITB 2022 - Episode 4 - VueJs SPA and Mobile App with Rest APIs with Gavin Pickin
This podcast is a special podcast for attendees or undecided attendees, to get a view of what the workshop has to offer, from the Trainers themselves, Gavin Pickin and Daniel Garcia. This workshop will walk us through creating a Quiz Game app with a ColdBox REST API backend and a VueJS Application, written in the Quasar Framework. We will start with the concept, design our database, plan our API, write some tests, build our API, create our Quasar Framework App, and write some VueJS to hit those API Endpoints. This Quiz game will have a real-world use case, as it brings back to life an old ColdFusion / ColdBox concept, delivered in a fresh new way.
Who is the audience for the workshop?
Why should I take the workshop?
What will the workshop cover
- Creating a ColdBox REST API
- Creating Database Tables via Migrations
- Setting up our Database Models and Services
- Use API Resourceful Routes
- Using Postman to preview API Responses
- Creating a Quasar Application
- Exporting the Application to SPA
- Exporting the Application to Windows / Android
- API Documentation
- API Testing
- Swagger UI Tooling
- Node / NPM
- MySQL DB Client
- VS Code
- MySQL 8
You will leave the workshop with:
- Best Practices for Creating ColdBox REST APIs
- Quasar Framework, and how it can write code once and simultaneously deploy it as a website, a Mobile App, and an Electron App.
Switch to Modernize or Die ® Podcast - SoapBox Edition - Switch to Modernize or Die ® Podcast - CFML News Edition
Music from this podcast used under Royalty Free license from SoundDotCom and BlueTreeAudio© 2020 Ortus Solutions