MOD® Conference - ITB 2022 - Episode 6 - Async Programming & Scheduling with Luis Majano & Eric Peterson
This podcast is a special podcast for attendees or undecided attendees, to get a view of what the workshop has to offer. Luis Majano and Eric Peterson talk about his upcoming workshop at Into the Box, he talks about who the ideal audience is, and why they should attend. He talks about what will the workshop cover, the requirements for the workshop, and what he hopes the attendees will leave the workshop with. In this workshop, attendees will explore the concepts of asynchronous and parallel programming with the ColdBox Async Manager and Java’s Completable Futures APIs. They will explore the concept of async computations, async pipelines, exception handling, scheduling and so much more. Pain medication is included!
Who is the audience for the workshop?
Why should I take the workshop?
What will the workshop cover
- Introduction to asynchronous programming
- What are promises/futures
- Native ways for asynchronous programming in CFML
- Intro to ColdBox Futures
- Magical Pipelines
- Dealing with Exceptions
- Parallel Tasks
- Futures In a ColdBox App
- Scheduled Tasks
- Bonus Section
- CFScript Knowledge
- Advanced CFML
- Been bitten or (want to avoid being bitten) by <cfthread>!
You will leave the workshop with:
A headacheA free day’s supply of Advil
- All of Luis and Eric’s hard learned lessons, without the battle scars or the crying
- An understanding on how to use ColdBox Asynchronously
- A desire to rewrite all your CFThread code to use ColdBox Async
- A desire to switch all your scheduled tasks to ColdBox Scheduling
- A desire to create async task workers
Switch to Modernize or Die ® Podcast - SoapBox Edition - Switch to Modernize or Die ® Podcast - CFML News Edition
Music from this podcast used under Royalty Free license from SoundDotCom and BlueTreeAudio© 2020 Ortus Solutions